“…and we’re ready to rock’n roll” in the words of the author of this DIY car camping Volvo V70 conversion into a microcamper.
Volvo V70 is not a bad candidate for car camping – it’s somewhere in the middle on our 30+ best cars for camping list. It offers a pretty long trunk for an estate – 194cm with the seats down and good comfort level for driving.
What I like about this Volvo V70 microcamper (stealth) conversion
- a very clever solution for a hidden sink + hob. (find some small sinks to fit your car here or check out the kits to the right).
- simple insulation that will certainly help in 10 degrees and fewer nights
- utilizes the car trunk’s flat surface + only extends the lowered seats surface
- + cool hint about the seat rest flaps (for dog guards) to use as securing systems for the car bed extension
- very minimalistic – if you don’t do the sink (it’s a hidden bonus, not a necessity)
Check out the whole series that goes more into detail about the entire conversion.
These might come in handy...
...and you'll help keep this website going too - thanks! 🙂
Pressure solar camping shower (pumped) – 10l
This camping shower is easy to transfer and doesn’t need to hang in the air – it has a built-in pump that lets you pressurise the chamber and shower or use it in the sink anywhere. It’s black, so the longer you leave it in the sun, the warmer the water will be (or just leave it in a hot closed car in the summer).
- Lightweight: 870 g including the bag
- 10 litre capacity | On/off button on the handle to prevent waste