Fiat Doblò camper
If you’re thinking Fiat Doblo for camping, then think of the Maxi XL High Roof version. It is the tallest MPV out there – overtakes the leading VW Caddy by a whopping 25cm, giving you much more headroom or storage space (actually both!).
It’s about 8cm shorter than the Caddy, but still one of the longest cars out there with 217cm boot length. The rear seats can be folded (backrests) or lifted up & tilted forward, or easily removed – even more flexibility (see how in this video).
Combined with good consumption, the Fiat Doblo Maxi High Roof makes an amazing camping car.
- Car type: MPV/Minivan
- Make: Fiat
- Folded seats boot length (cm): 157 (182 with middle seats removed) & Maxi 217 with middle seats removed
- Boot height (cm): 125 & 150 High roof version
- Boot width (cm): 126
- avg MPG (UK): 46
- avg l/100km consumption: 6.2
- EURO NCAP safety rating (2017) – 3/5
- ADAC Rating (lower = better) – 2.6/5
|Consumption MPG (UK)|
|NimbleCamper rating (out of max 5)|