There’s a tasty treat in here for all you DIY enthusiasts out there! I’ve come across the best instruction manual for a DIY camping conversion I’ve seen so far. It’s for Renault Kangoo and Skoda Yeti, but it will only take a few adjustments to fit it into any MPV. If that wasn’t enough, I’ll throw in a very juicy Berlingo camping conversion too…
The best DIY microcamper manual ever!
It is called “Fat Berta” and you’ll love it. There are two versions:
- one camping conversion manual for a Renault Kangoo (which will work for a Berling, Partner, Combo and perhaps with small adjustments, for any MPV out there). Y si quieres, hay en Espanol tambien!
- the most recent (and jazzed up) camping conversion for Skoda Yeti!
How to sleep in Skoda Yeti?
There are videos, diagrams, drawings and plenty of pictures with detailed instructions – it really is the most detailed conversion I’ve seen so far (and I tried to be as detailed as possible in my Sharan camping conversion manual too…).
Big thanks to the author – “Dtextor“.
It doesn’t stop at a camping box/bed either – you’ll get more:
- how to create a mosquito net for the tailgate from an old tent
- + window mosquito nets
- + thermal window screens
- + privacy front screen
- + back door (tailgate) spacer
No wonder it won so many competitions:
Berlingo 1 person camping conversion step by step
GB Camper Conversions will show you how to build a 1 person camper kit including a kitchen into your Berlingo.
What I like about the conversion:
- simple enough for anyone with some DIY skills and standard tools to make
- you can choose which bits you’ll use or leave out (not everyone needs a kitchen top – how about making it a 2 person bed instead)