I’ve dug out another gem for Caddy owners (the first one being this) – a very detailed instructable on how to make your own DIY modular camping box – measured to fit Caddy Maxi (our #1 car for camping).
The author “thomasfannes” took a lot of time to draw a 3D model of the camping box in SketchUp – which he generously shared in the instructable. It’s a .skp file – you need SketchUp to open it. But even without the file, there’s plenty of images and details to follow to build your own camping box.
To give you a taster, here are a few images of what you can expect (these don’t cover all the steps, for that, see the full instructable – link at the bottom).
The camping box includes
- plenty of storage space
- drawers for water , gas cooker and more
- a fold up table to eat comfortably inside
- huge space for sleeping
- plenty of headroom left
The DIY manual inlcudes:
- camping box measurements & how to put it all together
- how to make & fix your own curtains
- how to fix the camping box in place