Kia Carnival Camper (Sedona)
A big and comfy car that eats a lot. Kia Carnival is for you if you are looking for lots of space and a comfortable ride and don’t mind paying more on fuel. New models tend to cost a lot more than your typical MPV, but it should be possible to find a used one for a good price.
NimbleCamper rating: 4/5
|Boot length (cm)||
|Boot length (inches)||
|Boot height (cm)||
|Boot height (inches)||
|Boot width [wheel arches] (cm)||
|NimbleCamper rating (out of max 5)|
|Consumption MPG (UK)||
|Consumption MPG (US)||
|Average used price, GBP (2015)||
|Boot door type|
Used price range (2010-2020): € 2,500 – € 10,000
- two roof windows
- open chosen / all rear doors (incl. the tailgate) with a long press of a button on the key fob
- built-in sunshades
- middle rear seat serves as a table and can be easily removed (all middle row seats are easily removable – great for camping, then clip them back in if you’re picking up the extended family from somewhere). You can also turn the middle rear seat around.
- 7 seats
- huge storage space behind 3rd row of seats (low boot floor – if last two seats are not folded into that space though. You will probably remove them for camping.) See this part of the video.
- single person camping – you could sleep comfortably by removing just one of the middle seats, without having to rebuild much – a no build camper 🙂 See this video or here too.
- you can fit a 200x120cm bed in the boot!
Standard reviews (not focused on camping)
How to sleep in a Kia Carnival, DIY camping conversions & other posts
You’d think that sleeping in a Chevy Bolt isn’t possible – you’d be surprised how many people do it. Let’s…
If you have the time and patience, you can create an impressive camper out of the Chrysler Pacifica. Let’s have…
Watch how you can sleep and camp (meaning cook and do more than just sleep) comfortably in a Toyota Sienna…
Some images in the gallery are of Kia Sedona – but that’s ok – they are very similar in size, mostly differ in engine or comfort specs.
Some images come from this forum – check it out for a more detailed Kia Sedona DIY camping conversion photo documentation.