The Edge out camper might just revolutionise the world of teardrop campers, trailers (or vehicles altogether). It’s not built – it is cast and therefore seamless. Fewer joints, less creaky noises and leaks. It looks stunningly too – you’ll be proud to tow one I dare say (I would!). Let’s dive into some of its cool features and find out why it’s one of the best things happening in the camping world today.
Key benefits vs standard trailers (teardrop campers):
- It’s roto-moulded – a process involving a rotating cast (form) that is filled with the required material (in this case plastic, partially recycled), which is then heated and rotated until the material takes the shape of the cast. Read more about it here.
- It consists of two separately moulded units – a sleeping cabin and a kitchen at the back. It is very robust, low-maintenance and sleeps two people (roof-top tent could be added). As the units are cast, they don’t have any creaky / leaky joints and it doesn’t require a separate rigid & heavy skeleton to hold it together
- the way it’s manufactured makes it very lightweight too – you don’t need an SUV to tow it
- It is pretty durable too – won’t crack or dent easily
- Includes recycled material (and can possibly be made mostly of recycled materials further down the line)
- Lots of storage space
- Roof rails + you can put a roof tent on to add sleeping spaces
- Roof vent
- Roof window
- Luxury Queen-size mattress 2000(L) x 1450(W) x 140(H)
- and much more
The price is estimated at around 13,000 EUR (unofficial/anecdotal).
Tare: 750kg, GVM: 1300kg
The sleeping cabin is a triple layer shell made from a layer of Polymer Composite, then a foam-insulated Polymer Composite, and the inside is lined with acoustic panels made from recycled material.
It’s manufactured in South Africa for now, but I really hope it is going to make its way to the rest of the world – or inspire other companies to create their own versions using this technology.
These might come in handy...
...and you'll help keep this website going too - thanks! 🙂
Pressure solar camping shower (pumped) – 10l
This camping shower is easy to transfer and doesn’t need to hang in the air – it has a built-in pump that lets you pressurise the chamber and shower or use it in the sink anywhere. It’s black, so the longer you leave it in the sun, the warmer the water will be (or just leave it in a hot closed car in the summer).
- Lightweight: 870 g including the bag
- 10 litre capacity | On/off button on the handle to prevent waste
Video and image gallery
Find out more on the official website: https://edgeout.co.za/